Robert Owen House is our on site relatives accommodation, supporting patient's family from outside of the area.
About Robert Owen House
The House provides accommodation for the relatives of patients' undergoing treatment at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital. The Robert Owen House was founded by Professor Owen, who, following his own surgery at the hospital, realised many patients lived a distance away and there was a need for on site accommodation.
Robert Owen House is often described as a ‘home from home’ or a “haven” by our patients' families experiencing the friendly support provided by our team, it is conveniently situated on site and close to the hospital’s Wards and Critical Care Area so that relatives can be near to their loved ones whilst they undergo treatment at the hospital.
Our team aims to ensure relatives are supported during their stay with us in a safe, clean and friendly environment.
To book accommodation please contact our team
- Monday – Friday between 9am – 4pm on 0151 600 1688
- After 4pm and at weekends contact our Reception staff on 0151 600 1616
- £30.00 per person for en-suite rooms
Due to the high demand for rooms please book as soon as you receive the patient’s admission date.
Information for Families
The Robert Owen House has 17 bedrooms in total (15 en-suite), comprising:
- Two family rooms accommodating up to 3 relatives
- Six twin rooms (one with wheelchair access)
- Nine single rooms (one with wheelchair access)
Communal areas available to use include:
- Lounge with a TV and dining area
- Conservatory with a TV,
- Kitchen with two fridges, two microwaves, toaster, cutlery and crockery,
- Laundry room with two washing machines, two dryers, iron, ironing board, soap powder and softener and hand washing facilities.
The kitchen facilities are used by all relatives staying in the house and relatives are encouraged to bring food with them. There are a number of shops and supermarkets within a 15 minute walking distance or by a short taxi ride.
All relatives are welcome to help themselves to breakfast.