Become a Volunteer
There are a number of ways in which you can help as a volunteer. Some of the examples of roles are listed below:
- Ward Responder/Relaxation Volunteer
- Meet and Greet Volunteer
- Critical Care Reception Volunteer
You can read more about volunteering with us by downloading this leaflet.
What do you need to become a volunteer?
- No experience is necessary, just a willingness and desire to help others
- Cheerful nature and good communication skills
- Good understanding of both written and spoken English
- Aged 16 or above
- Able to commit to a regular shift
Our recruitment process
We have a robust recruitment process to ensure that are volunteers are properly recruited and selected and trained. All volunteers are subject to appropriate management and supervision.
During the recruitment process you will be required to:
- Complete an application form
- Provide the name of two referees who have known you for a minimum of 2 years
- Undertake a DBS clearance check and medical health check
- Have an informal interview
- Attend an induction training day
- Undertake local induction training
Prospective volunteers must complete all of the above before being offered a placement.