Useful Critical Care Information
Special Instructions for Patients staying in the Critical Care Unit
- During your stay in POCCU/ITU, the amount of property/belongings that you will require is minimal.
- Breakfast: 8:00-8:30am
- Lunch: 12:00-12:30pm
- Dinner: 4:30- 5:00pm
- Please note that you are welcome on our Critical Care Unit and POCCU between 8-9am and 12-8pm. However if this is not suitable, you may visit outside of these hours – please discuss this with the nurse caring for your relative.
- The nature of Critical Care means that on occasion you may be asked to wait outside if your relative needs specific care, treatment or therapy at that time.
- Whilst a patient is on critical care it is recommended that only close/immediate family/carers visit. The amount of space around each bed space only allows for 2 people to visit at any one time.
Finding the Critical Care Unit
- The Critical Care Unit in situated on Level 3 in the new building.
Access to the Unit
Critical Care is accessed via an intercom system. There is a large open plan visiting area with a staffed reception and two family rooms.