PFCC & Safeguarding
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital has a lead nurse for patient and family centred care and safeguarding. Joanne Shaw and the Safeguarding Team also support patients who have additional and/or complex needs whilst under our care at the hospital or in the community.
The safeguarding team works with patients and families to develop plans of care in order to fully meet their needs. This may include, but is not limited to, support for:
- people who are living with dementia
- people who are living with a learning disability, including autism spectrum conditions
- patients with physical disabilities
- those who are blind or who have a visual impairment
- patients with mental health / capacity issues
- those under deprivation of liberty safeguards.
If you require individual support or would like to chat about how the safeguarding team can support you or a member of your family, please contact:
Joanne Shaw – Lead Nurse for Safeguarding, Email: Joanne.Shaw@lhch.nhs.uk , Tel: 0151 600 1857
Angela McKenna – Senior Nurse for Safeguarding, Email: Angela.McKenna@lhch.nhs.uk, Tel: 0151 254 3058
Terri Meecham – Safeguarding Administrator, Email: Terri.Meecham@lhch.nhs.uk , Tel: 0151 600 1365
If you require any information regarding Interpretation Services or Accessible Information Standards please contact Lisa Gurrell – Patient & Family Support Team Manager, Email: Lisa.Gurrell@lhch.nhs.uk , Tel: 0151 600 1257.