Daniel Craig takes on new role as LHCH Charity ambassador
British actor, Daniel Craig, has today (16th January 2023) been announced as a new ambassador for Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital (LHCH) Charity.
The star of stage and screen joins the hospital charity in a special year for the NHS, as it celebrates its 75th birthday.
LHCH Charity partners Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, the twice outstanding rated specialist centre.
With his own strong connections to Merseyside and Cheshire - areas served by the hospital - Daniel understood the outstanding and understated work of LHCH Charity, its impact and ambitious future plans, and expressed interest in learning more.
Thanks to this growing interest and subsequent desire to support its work further, LHCH Charity is delighted that Daniel agreed to join as an ambassador.
In accepting his role, Daniel said: “The Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for the care and treatment of people living with heart and lung diseases.
“The LHCH Charity supports this work by providing funds so that their patients can have access to the very latest equipment and technology, as well as funding new research that will change the way heart and lung diseases are treated; not just now, but in our futures.
“It is a privilege for me to support their incredible work.”
Mary Liley, Head of Fundraising for LHCH Charity, said: “We’re so excited to be welcoming Daniel as an ambassador. As one of the most recognisable actors of our generation, Daniel’s support will help us raise the profile of the charity and will also highlight how every generous donation funds specialist medical equipment, research and other amenities that benefit the hospital’s patients and families.
"We’re so grateful to have him as part of the LHCH Charity team.”
About LHCH Charity
- LHCH Charity was established in 1995 to support the work of Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.
- Since then, LHCH Charity has raised millions of pounds to make a difference to the lives of people living with heart and lung disease.
- LHCH Charity supports the provision of additional facilities for the hospital’s patients and their families - such as family rooms and gardens and provides funds so that dedicated medical staff can have the latest and best equipment to treat patients.
- LHCH Charity also assists with funding ground-breaking and life changing research.
About Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
- LHCH is a twice-rated outstanding specialist hospital caring for a population of 2.8million people, living across Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire, North Wales, the Isle of Man and beyond.
- LHCH provides specialist services in cardiothoracic surgery, cardiology, respiratory medicine including adult cystic fibrosis and diagnostic imaging, both in the hospital and out in the community.
- LHCH is a nationally and internally recognised centre of excellence for the care and treatment of people living with heart and lung diseases.
- Heart and lung disease continue to be amongst the biggest killers in the UK and the communities served by LHCH are marked by increased prevalence of cardiovascular disease, higher levels of heart failure, hypertension, coronary artery disease and an ageing population.