LHCH Welcomes New Chair
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital is delighted to announce the appointment of Val Davies, as its new Chair.
Val will take up her new role as Chair from 1st April 2022.
Val brings with her a long-standing career in business development, consultancy and strategic planning, alongside extensive board-level NHS experience as Deputy Chair at St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
As Deputy Chair, Val worked closely with colleagues to ensure the Trust delivered the highest standards of patient care and played a lead role in developing strong system partnerships to improve health pathways and reduce local health inequalities.
Val said: “I am extremely proud to be joining one of the country’s outstanding hospitals.
“I’m also looking forward to meeting staff and using my experience as we move forward together beyond the challenges of the pandemic.”
Neil Large, LHCH Chair, added: “I’m delighted to welcome Val to LHCH and have no doubts she will use her considerable expertise to help us continue delivering outstanding care for our patients and families.
“We know the last two years have been challenging and there are more challenges ahead, but with Val’s experience, leadership, strategic thinking and passion for patient care, these qualities will be of huge benefit to everyone at LHCH.
Jane Tomkinson, LHCH Chief Executive, said: “Throughout the recruitment process, it was evident that Val had a genuine passion for patients, families, staff and governors. We look forward to working together to further develop our world class care and outcomes, collaborating with our partners and improving the health of our populations.”
- Val Davies is a self-employed business development consultant and company director.
- She sat on Quality Committee, End of Life, Resuscitation Group and Community and Primary/Community Care Group meetings at St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals. She was also the link between the Trust and St Helens CCG, sitting on all Governing Body meetings.
- Val was a Non-Executive Director at Liverpool Community NHS Trust.
- Val was a Trustee for 4 years at Sefton Carers Centre, a Board Member for six years with Crimestoppers (Merseyside) and spent 5 years as an Independent Member of the Merseyside Police Authority
- Val spent 20 years in leadership roles with Trinity Mirror North West, North Wales and Liverpool.