Patients Give LHCH Top Ratings
Patients have once again rated Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital as one of the best hospitals in the country.
The results were revealed in the Care Quality Commission’s National Inpatient Survey 2019, published yesterday (2nd July 2020).
As one of the largest single site specialist heart and chest hospitals in the country, LHCH provides services in cardiothoracic surgery, cardiology and respiratory medicine, including adult cystic fibrosis and diagnostic imaging.
The 17th annual survey of adult inpatients looked at the experiences of 76,915 people who were admitted to 139 NHS hospitals across the country.
It considered areas such as admission to hospital, the hospital ward, doctors and nurses, care and treatment, operations and procedures, leaving hospital, as well as the overall patient experience. It aims to highlight what patients think about the care and treatment they receive and the feedback helps trusts to understand where improvements can be made.
The latest survey findings showed that LHCH has been rated joint second in the country for ‘overall patient experience’.
Furthermore the results also showed that the Trust was rated:
- the top hospital in Cheshire and Merseyside and within the North West
- first in the country in three survey areas as follows:
- hospital staff explaining the reasons for moving a patient in a way they could understand
- patients having confidence and trust in their doctors
- patients being able to get help from a member of staff within a reasonable time
- second in the country in a further 6 areas of the survey including:
- members of staff providing care working well together
- feeling well looked after by non-clinical staff
- being given clear information about medicines
- being given clear information when leaving hospital
- being offered a choice of food
Jane Tomkinson, Chief Executive at LHCH, said: “These excellent survey results demonstrate once again that patients coming to Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital recognise they receive some of the most outstanding care and treatment anywhere in the country.
“These results also reinforce our reputation as a twice outstanding CQC rated Trust, and are testament to the professionalism and dedication of our staff who devote all their energies into providing the very best care to patients and families every day.
“As always, we remain fully committed to listening to our patients and families, involving them in decisions about our services and the care we provide and responding to their needs.”