LHCH to host Mary Seacole Local Programme
On 14th February 2020, LHCH became the new hosts of Mary Seacole Local Programme for Cheshire and Merseyside.
Have you recently moved into, or looking to step up to your first leadership role?
Designed for those looking to move into their first formal leadership role, or those new to first time leadership, the Mary Seacole programme empowers people to turn their success into consistent team success and to champion compassionate patient care. The leadership development programme is grounded in reality and results in real workplace application and leads to an NHS Leadership Academy award in Healthcare Leadership.
From February 14th 2020, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital are hosting the Mary Seacole Local programme for Cheshire and Merseyside. This means we are responsible for the co-ordination of programmes within the region. We are looking to engage with other organisations across the region to develop our facilitator base and widen accessibility to the course.The Mary Seacole Local programme gives organisations the flexibility to offer a local, high-quality, nationally recognised leadership development programme aimed at those newly in or aspiring to be in a formal first time leadership role.
Our partner organisations are currently: Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital and Liverpool Community Health and East Cheshire NHS Trust. By working with these organisations, we will:
• Provide a first leader programme of exceptional quality; the design and deployment of which an individual organisation would be unlikely to be able to fund alone
• Enable organisations to deliver a programme close to the frontline, with local context in the local setting.
All participants should be aware that this programme requires approximately 150-180 hours of online learning over the 6 months, this equates to approximately 7 hours per week.
The next cohort at LHCH will run from 20th March to 20th September 2020. Closing date for applications: Friday 27th February 2020
Face to Face workshop dates (All sessions delivered on site at LHCH, Thomas Drive, L14 3PE)
Launch date - 20th March 2020
Workshop 1 - 23rd April 2020
Workshop 2 - 5th June 2020
Workshop 3 - 20th July 2020
Information on other cohorts to follow soon or for more information, please contact: email@example.com
For more participant information, please click here
There are several stages to the application process:
- Firstly, you should seek support from your line manager to apply for this course. It should also have also been identified as part of your personal development plan within your annual appraisal.
- Complete an application form and learning agreement which includes a 500 word personal statement aligned with the Mary Seacole Scoring System (in the appendix of the application form).
- Once completed this must be sent to the Education Team in Moroney House, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, Thomas Drive, Liverpool 14 3PE or scanned/e-mailed to MarySeacoleLocal@lhch.nhs.uk. This will be entered into a selection panel and if successful, you will be advised of the next stages in the application process with the NHS Leadership Academy.
The cost of this course is £150 per person. This may be self-funded or funded by your organisation.