Photo Competition 2019
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital is once again inviting people to showcase their creative talents for the benefit of patients, families, staff and visitors, by running our third photography competition throughout April, May and June 2019.
If you’ve got an eye for a great picture and are handy with a camera, why not share your skills by submitting an image to our photography competition?
The competition aims to positively enhance the hospital environment.
Taking on board the challenge to ‘bring the outside in’ we are looking for entries in the following categories:
- Landscapes – Looking for the best classic photographs featuring an area of land or expanse of water, including mountains, valleys, forests, lakes and coastlines within our geographic areas (Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and Isle of Man). These photos also may feature nature or wildlife.
- Great British Weather – Looking for the best photos of the power, diversity and reality of seasonal weather within our geographic areas (Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and Isle of Man).
- Buildings & Structures – Looking for the best photos of interesting man made buildings and features such as signposts, bridges, churches, statues and villages within our geographic areas (Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and Isle of Man).
There will also be a separate Young Persons category for children under 16 years of age (as of 31st May 2019).
Who can enter?
- Entry is open to UK residents only.
- Entrants under the age of 16 years must have consent from their parent or guardian.
- The competition is open to all – staff, patients, families, volunteers, visitors, public members and the local community.
- Entry to the competition is not open to professional photographers.
How to enter
Entrants should email a high resolution photograph (greater than 1MB file size) in JPEG or TIF format, to email@example.com. A brief description of the photograph should be included, along with the corresponding category, and individual contact details. Photographs must be received from 1st April 2019 and by midnight Sunday 30th June 2019.
Shortlisted photographs will be printed on canvas and displayed in the hospital for a period of two years, to positively enhance the environment.
The winner will receive a £100 Gift Voucher, second place £50 Gift Voucher and third place £25 Gift Voucher (all for Wilkinson Cameras) who have kindly supported this competition.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be received after the 1st April 2019 and by the advertised closing time and date – midnight Sunday 30th June 2019.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers
- Only one entry is allowed into each category per person
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them
- Images submitted must not have been published elsewhere, or have won a prize in any other photographic competition
- Photos can be in black and white or full colour
- Photos should be landscape orientation.
- Photos should be submitted by email with the following details enclosed:
- Photograph description (no longer than 20 words)
- Name, Address, Telephone number, Email address
- Images may be edited (eg to remove spots or scratches, increase brightness/saturation, cropped) but should not be manipulated (eg adding a skyline from a different image, removing unwanted shapes/items from an image).
- Please do not send original printed images as we will not be able to return any photographs
- You must supply a high resolution image by email in JPEG or TIF format, no less than 1MB file size (preferably between 2MB-10MB).
- All entries will be vetted. Only inappropriate photos will be removed - all other photos, regardless of quality, will be put through to the panel.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges (including Executive Director(s), Governor(s), Staff.
- Submissions will be kept anonymous at the time of shortlisting and voting.
- The judges will select one winning photograph for each category, which, in their opinion, best illustrates the theme of the competition. They will then choose one overall competition winner.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by email/telephone when a decision has been reached.
- All shortlisted entries will be publicly displayed in the hospital for a period of two years. At the end of the display period, shortlisted photographs will be made publicly available for sale/auction, with proceeds going solely to the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital Charity, unless specific written request is received to return to the submitting photographer.
- Prizes will be as advertised – there will not be a cash alternative and cannot be sold or transferred.
- Winners agree to take part in publicity promoting the competition.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Photo Competition has been kindly supported by:
Our competition winners from 2016/17 were as follows:
Keith Parkinson, Morning Dew - Competition Winner
Max Jones, First drop of autumn showers - Best in Category (Weather)
David Jones, View over Menai Suspension Bridge - Best in Category (Buildings)
Amy Hoskinson, Albert Dock by Night - Best in Category (Young People)