Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital is inviting people to showcase their creative talentsfor the benefit of patients, families, staff and visitors, by running a photography competition throughout October and November 2014.
If you’ve got an eye for a great picture and are handy with a camera, why not share your skills by submitting an image to our photography competition?
The competition aims to positively enhance the hospital environment
Taking on board the challenge to ‘bring the outside in’, we are looking for entries in the following categories:
- Nature: the best photos of landscapes, wildlife, beauty spots within our geographic areas (Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and Isle of Man).
- Weather: the best photos of the power, diversity and reality of seasonal weather within our geographic areas (Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and Isle of Man).
- Buildings: the best photos that focus on architecture and the creativity of human imagination in building design within our geographic areas (Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and Isle of Man).
There will also be a separate Young Persons category for children under 16years of age (as of November 30th 2014). Images submitted for this category should portray one of the above themes.
Who can enter?
- Entry is open to UK residents only.
- Entrants under the age of 16 years must have the consent from their parent or guardian.
- The competition is open to all – staff, patients, families, volunteers, visitors, public members and the local community.
- Professional photographers may not enter the competition
How to enter
Entrants should email a high resolution (between 3-10MB file size) photograph in JPEG or TIF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post via disc. A brief description of the photograph should be included, along with the corresponding category, and individual contact details. Photographs must be received by midnight Sunday 30th November 2014.
Shortlisted photographs will be printed on canvas and displayed in the hospital for a period of two years, to positively enhance the environment. At the end of this period, photographs will be returned to the copyright holder.
One overall competition winner will be presented with a digital camera.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date – midnight Sunday 30th November 2014
- Entrants must not be professional photographers
- Only one entry is allowed into each category per person
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them
- Images submitted must not have been published elsewhere, or have won a prize in any other photographic competition
- Photos can be in black and white or full colour, and should be landscape orientation.
- Photos should be submitted by email or via disc, with the following details enclosed:
- Photograph description (no longer than 20 words)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but must not be manipulated.
- Please do not send original printed images as we will not be able to return any photographs
- You must be able to supply your image by email or by disc in JPEG or TIF format, and these should be shot at high resolution, no less than 2000 x 2000 pixels, 3MB file size.
- All entries will be vetted by the communications team. Only inappropriate photos will be removed - all other photos, regardless of quality, will be put through to the panel.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges (including Non-Executive Director, Chairman, Governor, Patient Group Representative).
- Submissions will be kept anonymous at the time of shortlisting and voting.
- The judges will select one winning photograph for each category, which, in their opinion, best illustrates the theme of the competition. They will then choose one overall competition winner.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by email/telephone when a decision has been reached.
- All shortlisted entries will be publicly displayed. Copyright will remain with the photographer although shortlisted entrants will have their work put on display in the hospital for a period of two years, as well as on the public website, through social media and through local media outlets. At the end of the display period, shortlisted photographs will be returned to the photographer.
- Prizes are as advertised – there is no cash alternative and they cannot be sold or transferred.
- Winners agree to take part in publicity promoting the competition.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.