Mr Richard Page
Telephone Number: 0151 600 1456
About Mr Richard Page, Consultant Thoracic Surgeon
Area of Practice
- General Thoracic Surgery
Special Clinical Interests
- Oesophageal Surgery
- National variations in lung cancer surgery
- Lung cancer screening
- Monitoring of thoracic surgical outcomes
Regional and National Responsibilities
- Cardiothoracic panel, Invited Review Mechanism, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- NICE specialty advisor
Current membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery, UK and Ireland
Training and Education
- Liverpool Medical School 1977-82
- Post-graduate training in surgery in Liverpool, Manchester and Boston/USA
- Appointed consultant cardiothoracic surgeon at LHCH 1994
- Switched to full-time Thoracic Surgery 1998
I am married with two daughters and one son. In my spare time I enjoy football, golf, cycling and fell-walking
Why choose LHCH?
This hospital is the largest single site cardiothoracic surgical unit in England. Its specialty hospital status allows for the highest quality of care for patients and provides a very rewarding experience for all staff who work there.
77 peer-reviewed publications, 14 invited reviews and four book chapters since consultant appointment. The vast majority are on various aspects general thoracic surgery, with a particular emphasis on oesophageal surgery.