Dr Sarah Sibley
About Dr Sarah Sibley
BSc, MBChB, MRCP, MSc (Distinction) in Palliative Medicine
Area of Practice
Special Clinical Interests
- Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease (COPD)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Palliative Medicine
Palliative management of non-malignant respiratory disease
National and Regional Responsibilities
- Champion of Flexible Working
- Respiratory Specialist Trainee Educational Programme Director – Mersey region
- Respiratory Consultant Representative for Cheshire and Merseyside on Respiratory STP Program for the North of England - Lead for Workforce and Clinical Leadership
- Member of the British Thoracic Society Workforce committee
- NHSE Clinical Lead of Cheshire and Merseyside Integrated Respiratory Service review 2019
- Clinical Lead of the Cheshire and Merseyside Respiratory Improvement Program 2019-20
- Member, Royal College of Physicians of London
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council
- Medical Defence Union
- British Thoracic Society
- European Respiratory Society
Why choose LHCH?
We share the philosophy that every patient should always get excellent clinical care.
Training and Education
- 1998 BSc – University of St Andrews
- 2001 MBChB – University of Manchester
- 2005 MRCP – Royal College of Physicians, London
- 2010 Diploma in Palliative Medicine, Cardiff University
- 2012 CCT in Respiratory Medicine and General Internal Medicine
- 2013 MSc in Palliative Medicine (Distinction) – Cardiff University
- 2001-2002 - House Officer – North West of England
- 2002-2005 - Senior House Officer – London
- 2005-2011 - Specialist Registrar in Respiratory and General Medicine – North West of England Deanery
- I live with my husband Graham and two children Zachary and Jasmine in a house that we built.
- I’m energetic and outgoing and enjoy running, boxing, mountain biking, kite surfing, kickboxing, skiing and scuba diving.
- I’m passionate about improving the care of patients with respiratory disease at all stages of the disease. I have a particular interest in improving the management of patients with severe lung disease and helping them to gain excellent palliative care by working with the many healthcare professionals in this field. I have a special interest in integrated community respiratory working, and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing a community respiratory service to the residents of Knowsley. Our team won the Integrated Care HSJ award for our Respiratory service in 2013 and has been awards Outstanding status by the CQC in 2018.
- Enabling fantastic respiratory care to be delivered to all patients, close to their home is key to improving outcomes for our population. I wish to drive forward the improvement of care delivery and ensure that all those who need it, are able to access outstanding clinical care.
- Follow me on Twitter @DrSarahSibley1
- Follow the Respiratory Improvement Program on Twitter @CM_Respiratory
- Read more about the Integrated Respiratory Service