Mr Mo Zeinah
Date: 16 December 2015 02:07
Area of Practice
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
Special Clinical Interests
- Off Pump Coronary Surgery
- Total arterial revascularisation and non-aortic touch revascularisation
- Aortic Valve replacement
- Surgical training
- Off Pump Coronary Surgery
- Myocardial Protection
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Society For Cardiothoracic Surgery In Great Britain and Ireland
- European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Why choose LHCH?
Outstanding Trust aiming to provide the highest standard of care for every patient every day.
- Mb BCh 2001, Excellent with honor
- MRCS [Eng] RCS 2008
- MSc 2005
- MD 2009
- FRCS [CTh.] RCS 2012
- Fellow of the European Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery (FETCS) 2015
- Cardiothoracic Surgery CCT from Oxford university hospitals - 2015
- I was trained in Egypt for 7 years in Ain Shams University where I was Consultant in adult cardiac surgery in 2009.
- Then I decided to move to UK , where I finished many fellowship in Southampton, St Thomas hospital , Freeman, Essex cardiothoracic center then John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford .
- Where I worked with professor David Taggart , one of the world’s authorities on off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery.
- I was awarded my Doctor in Medicine (MD) by the University of Ain Shams in Cairo for work into Bi- Atrial electrocautery maze for treatment of chronic atrial fibrillation.
- Married with 5 children.
- Enjoy Flying , applying for PPL
- European real world transcatheter aortic valve implantation: Systematic review and meta-analysis of European national registries Mohamed Zeinah, Mohamed Elghanam, Umberto Benedetto, Annals of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Academy ,vol 1,No 1 2015
- Which beta-blocker should be used for the prevention of postoperative atrial fibrillation in cardiac surgery? A multi-treatment benefit-risk meta-analysis Mohamed Zeinah, Mohamed Elghanam , Umbertto Benedetto, EHJ_2015_19
- When Size Matters: Challenging the Obesity Paradox. Analysis of 3,977 Cardiac Patients and Review of the Literature. Mohamed Zeinah and Dumbor L Ngaage, International Journal of cardiovascular research 2015, 4:4
- Low Incidence and minimal impact of paravalvular leak after conventional aortic valve replacement. Mohamed Elghanam, Mohamed Zeinah, Annals of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Academy ,vol 1,No 1 2016;2:6-11
- Use of VeriQ system in transfemoral aortic valve implantation. A novel technique, Mohamed Zeinah , Ahmed Mostafa Omran Journal of the Egyptian Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Volume 24, Issue 1, May 2016, Pages 33-37
- Miniaturized extracorporeal circulation versus off-pump coronary artery bypasses grafting: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Benedetto U, Ng C, Frati G, Biondi-Zoccai G, Vitulli P, Zeinah M, Raja SG; Cardiac Outcomes METa-analysis (COMET) group. Int J Surg. 2015 Feb; 14:96-104.
- The impact of arterial cannulation strategy on operative outcomes in aortic surgery: Evidence from a comprehensive meta-analysis of comparative studies on 4476 patients. Benedetto U, Raja SG, Amrani M, Pepper JR, Zeinah M, Tonelli E, Biondi-Zoccai G, Frati G. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 Dec; 148(6):2936-43.e1-4
- Optimal intraoperative anticoagulation strategy in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass. Rasoli S, Zeinah M, Athanasiou T, Kourliouros A. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2012 May;14(5):629-33
- Rare complication of bioprosthetic aortic valve replacement. Zeinah M, Modi A, Moorjani N, Haw M Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2011 Apr; 39(4):e82. doi: 10.1016/j.ejcts.2010.12.001. Epub 2011 Jan 28