Mr Dimitrios Pousios
About Mr Dimitrios Pousios
Responsibilities at LHCH
- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon
Area of Practice
- Mitral valve repair
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Cardiac surgery performance and outcome analysis
- Health economics
- Society For Cardiothoracic Surgery In Great Britain and Ireland
- European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (USA)
Training and Education
- MBBS - Greece 1993
- Cardiothoracic Surgery CCT - 2004
- Senior Cardiac Surgical Fellow - University Southampton Hospital
- Fellow of the European Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery (FETCS)
My interests outside work are studying history, reading fiction literature and finding some spare time for tennis practice with my daughter.
Why choose LHCH?
LHCH is the first specialist centre in the UK to be awarded ‘Outstanding’ rating by the CQC. It is the busiest Cardiac Surgery Centre in the UK and has been rated as the best by our patients, 8 times in the last 10 years. These are all guarantees of excellent, efficient and caring treatment of cardiac patients.
Over 20+ publication in peer reviewed journals and book chapters. Follow the link here