Prof Khaled Albouaini
MSc, MRCP (London), NASPE, MD (Liverpool)
Consultant Cardiologist & Cath Lab Director, Royal Liverpool University Hospital
Consultant Cardiologist, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
0151 600 1991
PA at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital: 0151 254 3049
PA at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital: 0151 706 2000/5429
About Professor Khaled Albouaini
Area of Practice
Special Clinical Interests
- Complex Cardiac Pacing
- Cardiology Education: I am the founder of the innovative educational page on Facebook (Cardiology Cases - UK): http://www.facebook.com/Professor.Khaled.Albouaini. It is now the largest of its kind in the world.
- I am the director of 4 national courses: ECG, hands-on Pacing course, cardiac catheterisation, and the acute cardiology course (details are on www.cardiologycases.co.uk)
- Cardiac Pacing
English & Arabic
Why Choose LHCH?
LHCH is a top performing hospital for overall patient care
LHCH is a top performing hospital in the North West in the fields of: Heart Failure, Heart Attacks, and Bypass Operations.
Training and Education
- Trained at Mersey Deanery (LHCH and RLBUHT) and Damascus University
- I am currently a Consultant Cardiologist at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital with honorary consultant positions at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital (complex pacing) and at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (coronary interventions/ angioplasty).
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Liverpool University.
- Visiting Professor at University of Chester (supervise MSc and PhD students)
Married with 2 children (Danny And Sally)
Hobbies: cycling and boxing
- 26 publications in peer-reviewed journals (12 as a first author) and 31 Abstracts (6 as a first author): details on www.pubmed.com
- First author of “Device Therapy” in Oxford Handbook of Chronic Heart Failure, 2008
- Co-author of AICD chapter in “Illustrated Cardiac Pacing”, 2010
- Sole author of cardiac pacing chapter in “Color Atlas of Clinical Cardiology”, by DeBakey Medical centre 2014
- Sole author of “Pacemakers” in “Illustrated Guide to Cardiovascular Disease” 2016, ISBN: 978-93-5152-844-9