Dr Timothy Fairbairn
Consultant Cardiologist, Cardiovascular Imaging Lead, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Liverpool
Medical Research Council CARP Fellow
Qualifications: MBChB FRCP PhD
Primary Practice Location(s): Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Specialties: Cardiac Imaging, Advanced Echocardiography, TOE, Cardiac MRI, Cardiac CT
Education & Training
- Medical School: University of Manchester
- Internal Medicine/ Cardiology: Leeds & Manchester Residency: North of England.
- PhD Program: University of Leeds
- International Fellowship: Toronto General Hospital, Canada
- SCCT Guidelines Committee Member
- JCCT Editorial board
- NICE Adoption & Impact Programme Reference Panel Member
- NICE Diagnostic Advisory Programme Specialist Committee member
- EACVI CT working group and exam accreditation member
- BSE Research and Audit committee
- Digital Transformation board member, LHCH
- Dr Fairbairn is a Consultant Cardiologist sub-specialising in cardiovascular imaging at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.
- He practices in advanced echocardiography, cardiac MRI and cardiac CT.
- His clinical and research interests include coronary artery disease, aortic valve disease and inherited cardiac conditions.
- He is a member of the NICE Adoption and Impact Programme Reference Panel for new technologies and is a committee member for different European and American imaging Societies.
- Academic achievements include an MRC fellowship, over 130 publications and 1700 citations, he is currently chief investigator of the FISH&CHIPS trial, sits on two trial steering committee’s and is the principal investigator of 3 studies.