Dr Saagar Mahida
0151 254 3049
Job title and responsibilities at LHCH:
- Consultant Cardiologist and Cardiac Electrophysiologist
Area of Practice:
- Arrhythmias (heart rhythm problems)
- Catheter ablation (including catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation)
Special clinical interests:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Ventricular ectopic beats / ventricular tachycardia
- Supraventricular tachycardia
Professional Profile including Training and Education
- Specialist heart rhythm fellowship – Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, USA
- Specialist heart rhythm fellowship – Hôpital Haut-Lévêque, Bordeaux, France
- Postdoctoral research fellowship (atrial fibrillation) – MGH and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- BSc, MBChB, PhD – University of Leicester
- English, Spanish, French, Gujrati, Swahili
Dr Mahida is a USA, France and UK trained cardiac electrophysiologist who specialises all aspects of diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm abnormalities (arrhythmias). Dr Mahida has a specialist interest in catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation.
Dr Mahida developed expertise in heart rhythm management at the Harvard University-affiliated Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and Hôpital Haut-Lévêque, Bordeaux, where the first curative ablation for atrial fibrillation worldwide was performed. He also undertook a two-year postdoctoral research fellowship focusing on atrial fibrillation at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. The experience provided an opportunity to work alongside world-leading atrial fibrillation specialists.
Dr Mahida proctors consultant electrophysiologists from UK and Europe on complex catheter ablation techniques. Dr Mahida’s research focuses on techniques to enhance safety and effectiveness of catheter ablation procedures using latest technologies. He has published extensively on catheter ablation techniques.
Dr Mahida’s publications and citations can be found at the following sites: