Dr Periaswamy Velavan
About Dr Velavan
MBBS, MD, FRCP
Areas of Practice
- Interventional Cardiology
- Community Cardiovascular Service
Special Clinical Interests
- Complex PCI
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAO)
Risk Stratification in Heart Failure
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Why Choose LHCH?
It is the best place for interventional cardiology
Professional Profile (including Training and Education)
- Undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in Madras, India.
- General professional training in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Cardiology training in Brighton, Blackpool and Liverpool.
- Research in Academic Cardiology at the University of Hull.
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship at Green Lane Cardiovascular Services, Auckland City Hospital, New Zealand.
I am married and I have two children
In Heart Failure (Risk Stratification, Cholesterol Paradox)