Dr Lindsay Morrison
Date: 30 September 2015 09:55
About Dr Lindsay Morrison
Area of Practice
- General and Interventional Cardiology
Special Clinical Interests
- PFO & ASD Closure - I have the largest individual experience of this in the UK, and LHCH is probably the largest implanting centre in the UK, and receive referrals from throughout the UK.
- PCI including Laser PCI, Rotablator Athorectomy, Stenting
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease / Structural Heart Disease
- General Heart Disease including Valvular Heart Disease Heart Failure, and the interface with Cardiac Surgery and ITU
- Decompression illness in Divers with PFO`s,
- Migraine and PFO`s,
- Cardiac Cachexia.
- ACS Trials
Regional and National Responsibilities
Examiner for MRCP (Paces)
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
Why choose LHCH?
- Friendly high volume Tertiary Centre with excellent results.
- Close discussion with colleagues.
- Strong culture of Clinical Governance & publishing of results
Professional Profile (including Training and Education)
- Trained in General Medicine in Scotland 1980-1984
- Research for MD 1984-1986
- Spent 3 years in Papworth Hospital and Addenbrookes, Cambridge in Cardiology as a Registrar 1986-1989
- Senior Registrar in Cardiology Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool (now LHCH) 1989-1991,
- Appointed Consultant at LHCH 01/01/1992.
- MBChB (Commendation) University of Dundee & Ninewells Medical School 1980
- MD (Commendation) 1986
- MRCP 1983
- FRCP 1995
See Pubmed. Papers on Decompression illness in Divers with PFO, Migraine and PFO.