Dr Derick Todd
About Dr Derick Todd
Area of Practice
- Heart Rhythm Problems (Arrhythmias)
- Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation,
- SVT and other heart problems.
- Pacemakers and more sophisticated ICDs.
Special Clinical Interests
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Atrial fibrillation
- Inherited Cardiac Conditions, including Long QT Syndrome, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, ARVC, Brugada Syndrome, CPVT
Regional and National Responsibilities
- Heart Rhythm UK Council member (2008-11) - Interventional Electrophysiology.
- Special Advisor to NICE.
- Program Chair Interventional Electrophysiology for Heart Rhythm Congress
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
Heart Rhythm UK
Why choose LHCH?
LHCH provides a first-class service for Heart Rhythm problems. It has the largest Heart Rhythm service in the UK (for ablation and device treatment).
Our service is right at the cutting edge of modern day heart rhythm care and provides a patient-orientated solution to many heart rhythm problems.
We are very proud that members of staff and many local doctors choose us to care for them, or their family members, when they have heart rhythm problems.
Professional Profile (including Training and Education)
- Medical School – University of Edinburgh
- General Training – Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- Cardiology Training – Glenfield Hospital, Leicester
- Research – Manchester Royal Infirmary
- Specialist Training – London, Ontario, Canada
I am married with 3 children. When time allows I am a keen sportsman enjoying squash, tennis and golf. This keeps me fit enough to keep up with the kids skiing too.
I am often invited to talk on heart rhythm problems at local and national meetings and I consistently get excellent feedback. I am able to help patients understand their heart condition so as we can choose the right path forward together.
31 peer reviewed publications mainly in the field of Atrial Fibrillation