Dr Damien Cullington
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
Sharon Dobie Howard
Tel: 0151 254 3349
Manchester Royal Infirmary
Tel: 0161 276 4519
Damien Cullington MBCHB (Hons) MRCP MD FESC
Responsibilities at LHCH
- Consultant Adult Congenital Cardiologist at LHCH with 1:5 on call ACHD rota.
- I have a joint appointment with Manchester Royal Infirmary where I work every Tuesday.
Area of Practice
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD)
Special Clinical Interests
- Heart Failure
- End of Life/Palliative Care
- Obstetric cardiology
- Cardiac biomarkers
- Epidemiology of ACHD
- Heart failure – acquired and ACHD
- ACHD end of life/palliative care
- Systemic RV function
- Pharmacological treatment of ACHD conditions
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- British Medical Association
- British Cardiac Society
- British Society of Cardiac Computer Tomography
- British Heart Failure Society
- British Society for Echocardiography
- British Congenital Cardiac Association
- European Society of Cardiology
- European Heart Failure Association
- International Society for Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Royal College of Physicians (UK)
Why choose LHCH?
Liverpool Heart and Chest is a fantastic unit which is clearly focused on delivering the best care for patients. Very friendly staff, experienced colleagues and very collaborative working.
Training and Education
- University of Liverpool 2002 – MBChB (Hons)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians 2007
- University of Hull 2013 – MD
- After graduation I was a junior doctor in Liverpool, moved initially to Stoke as a clinical fellow in cardiology, then on to Hull to complete a research degree in heart failure. Cardiology training posts in East Yorkshire followed by ACHD training at Leeds General Infirmary (2013-2015).
- Entered onto the specialist register in 2015. Appointed as a substantive consultant in ACHD in Leeds in 2016
- Recently moved to the newly established North West Congenital Heart Disease Service, based at LHCH (ACHD level 1 centre) in summer 2019.
I enjoy spending time with family, running, reading and keeping tropical fish
I have numerous publications which can be found on PubMed
I am a journal editor for the ChiP (Congenital Heart International Professionals) network
Twitter handle: @AchdExpert