Mr Ahmed A Othman
0151 600 1254
About Mr Ahmed A Othman
Responsibilities at LHCH
Consultant Cardiac and Aortic Surgeon
Area of Practice
Cardiac and Aortic Surgery
Special Clinical Interests
- Valve preserving Aortic root surgery
- Aortic Arch surgery
- Thoraco-Abdominal Aortic Surgery
- Endovascular Aortic Repair
- Hybrid Aortic Arch procedures
- Trans-Catheter Aortic Valve Implantation
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland (SCTS)
- Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery (ESCTS)
- Chain of Hope, England
- La Chaîne de L’Espoir, France
Why choose LHCH?
An outstanding cardiac center with a prestigious aortic unit, well known internationally for providing a pan-aortic surgical and endovascular service with outstanding results. Members of the team have exemplary approach to patient care, team work, research and innovation.
Training and Education
- Mr Othman completed his medical education from Ain Shams University in 2004 and started his cardiac surgery training in the National Heart Institute in Cairo, one of the busiest cardiac surgery centers in the middle east. During this time, he obtained the Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons in London (MRCS, 2009) as well as Masters in Surgical Sciences (Ain Shams University, 2010)
- In 2010, he started a 3 year fellowship program in adult cardiac, aortic and congenital cardiac surgery in Aswan Heart Center under the mentorship of Professor Sir Magdi Yacoub.
- Mr Othman moved to the United Kingdom in 2013 and completed his surgical training in Essex Cardiothoracic Center and Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS foundation Trust. He was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Cardiothoracic Surgery (FRCS-CTh) in 2014.
- In 2018, he was appointed as a research scholar in the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA.
- During his training years, he was a regular member of humanitarian missions to various countries via Chain of Hope England and La Chaîne de l'Espoir.
- After completion of his training, he was awarded the Terumo Aortic Fellowship in Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital for 18 months.
- Appointed Consultant Cardiac and Aortic Surgeon in August 2020.
About Mr Othman
Mr Othman enjoys tennis and is a certified open water diver. He enjoys music and traveling.