Visiting is being welcomed in inpatient settings, in a very careful and Covid-secure way.
Following a recent successful in three of our ward areas (Cherry Ward, Maple, Oak Ward) visiting is being extended to ACU, Birch and Cedar Ward from 29th April 2021.
This return to visiting is being managed in a safe and controlled manner and is being closely monitored at each step.
Initially, visiting will be re-introduced as follows:
- Between 1-4pm.
- For one person only, identified from a patient’s support bubble.
- For a maximum of one hour.
- Visitors must adhere to all infection prevention measures at all times, including the 2 metre social distancing, wearing of type IIR face masks, and hand washing on arrival.
- Visitors must also provide their contact details on arrival, and follow the instructions of ward staff.
- To support the re-introduction of visiting to these three areas, we will look to stop Family Liaison Team calls to these wards.
Please note the following exceptions
- Unfortunately no visitors will be allowed to see pre-operative patients due to the fact that they will have been isolating prior to treatment.
- No individuals with a suspected or confirmed case of covid will be allowed to visit.
- Guidance for end of life patients remains unchanged and unaffected by the above.
If you have a loved one in hospital at LHCH
Where possible please try to stay in touch with them through their own electronic device OR you can use our email account: firstname.lastname@example.org to send them a letter.
All our wards have iPads available for patients to stay in contact with loved ones via video calls (Facetime, Zoom etc) and our ward staff are always happy to assist. Where possible, please try not to call the wards directly.
Our Family Liaison Team will also aim to call inpatients’ named contacts to provide regular updates.
Where possible please can we ask that people don't bring personal items in to the hospital. In the event that a personal item is essential, for example a phone or ipad, then this must be arranged in advance with the patient’s ward or our Family Liaison Team.
Please note that toiletries are available.
If you have an urgent query, please contact:
Family Liaison Team
Tel: 0151 600 1768 / 1042