Coronavirus Information for Patients and Visitors
- Due to the current national Covid-19 (Coronavirus) situation, to reduce risks to patients, visitors and staff, and in line with national guidelines, a number of changes were made to outpatient appointments.
- The majority of appointments at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital are by telephone or video consultation. There are situations where face to face consultation will be required.
- If you have been informed by either your consultant or secretary that you should attend face to face then you should, however if not your appointment will be via telephone.
- If your appointment is by telephone or video consultation, a scheduled appointment time will be given to you. We will call you and aim to ensure you are contacted as close to your scheduled appointment time as possible.
Visitors to LHCH
We recognise that friends and family members are vital to the support of patients, but due to the ongoing impact of coronavirus the following guidance for visitors to Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital remains in place.
Until further notice visiting is ONLY permitted for:
- Patients who are receiving end-of-life care
- Carers of patients who need to be accompanied
This must be agreed with the nurse in charge of the ward before attending the hospital.
If you have any concerns about this, please contact our patient and family support helpline on 0151 600 1770 or 0151 600 1777.
Anyone who has symptoms as detailed below should not visit any health and care settings, and this applies to all inpatient, diagnostic and outpatient areas at LHCH, if you are:
- Unwell, especially if you have a high temperature, a new persistent cough, or Anosmia (a change / loss to your normal sense of taste or smell)
- Shielding / extremely vulnerable
If you have loved ones in hospital at LHCH
Where possible please try to stay in touch with them through their own electronic devices OR you can use our email account: email@example.com to send them a letter.
All our wards have iPads available for patients to stay in contact with loved ones via video calls (Facetime, Zoom etc), and our ward staff are always happy to assist. Where possible, please try not to call the wards directly.
Our Family Liaison Team will also aim to call inpatients' named contacts to provide regular updates.
If you have an urgent query, please contact the Family Liaison Team on 0151 600 1768.
Intensive Care - Information for relatives