Coronavirus Information for Patients and Visitors
- Due to the current national Covid-19 (Coronavirus) situation, to reduce risks to patients, visitors and staff, and in line with national guidelines, a number of changes to outpatient appointments have been put in place with immediate effect.
- All outpatient appointments will be held via telephone consultation. We will call you and aim to ensure you are contacted as close to your scheduled appointment time as possible.
- Please DO NOT attend the hospital for your appointment unless you have specifically been instructed to attend.
Visitors to LHCH
All Visiting Suspended from 25th March 2020
We recognise that friends and family members are vital to the support of patients, but due to coronavirus across the UK, we are trying to reduce the number of people coming into Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.
Until further notice visiting is ONLY permitted for:
- Patients who are receiving end-of-life care
- Carers of patients who need to be accompanied
This must be agreed with the nurse in charge of the ward before attending the hospital. If you have any concerns please contact our nurse helpline on 0151 600 1770 or 0151 600 1777.
Anyone attending the hospital who have the symptoms as detailed below should not visit any health and care settings, and this applies to all inpatient, diagnostic and outpatient areas, if they are:
- Unwell, especially if they have a high temperature or a new persistent cough
- Vulnerable as a result of their medication, a chronic illness or they are over 70 years of age
If you have loved ones in hospital at LHCH
We know things are challenging at the moment if you have loved ones in hospital. Where possible please try to stay in touch with them through their own electronic devices OR you can use our email account: email@example.com to send them a letter.
Please try not to call the wards directly.
Our Patient and Family Liaison Team will aim to call the named contact for each inpatient to provide regular updates.
If your query is urgent, please contact the liaison team on 0151 600 1768.
Intensive Care - Information for relatives