Cardiovascular Disease Programme
The vision of the Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Programme is to improve the cardio vascular health of the Cheshire and Merseyside population through a series of targeted, clinically led workstreams that will enhance quality, reduce variation and drive efficiencies in support of the 5YFV.
This will be delivered through seven workstreams:
- Managing CVD risk factors
- Extended cardiac rehabilitation
- Integrated community heart failure services
- Embedding a new Acute Coronary Syndrome pathway
- Single digital and diagnostic platform
- Primary pacing services
- Stroke sustainability
- Aortic Dissection pathway
This programme of work will specifically:
- Achieve a clinically led and financially sustainable cardiovascular service across the Cheshire and Merseyside geography, which will enhance prevention, community support and collaborative working across providers.
- Implement a whole system single cardiology service embedding national guidance and best practice.
You can read regular updates about the CVD Programme in the newsletters available to download below: