CVD: Stroke Rehabilitation Services
The Knowsley Community CVD Stroke Team
- Supports patients who have suffered a new stroke to leave hospital early
- Supports newly diagnosed stroke cases in the community, providing specialist rehabilitation
- Aims to increase patients' independence (as much as possible) and help their return to community life
- Ensures referrals to other services where appropriate
Your hospital should refer you to this service on your discharge, but if you have any concerns that you are not receiving this service please contact your GP.
Even if you don't meet a member of the team they will be instrumental in ensuring your after stroke care.
The team consists of:
- To improve mobility, muscle activity and function (as far as the patient is able to)
Speech and Language Therapist
- To increase independence in daily activities (as much as the patient is able) and help with physical and cognitive (thinking skills) problems
- To work with the patient and their carer/family to ensure supported transition home form hospital and arrange ongoing support
- To work with the therapists and social worker to ensure that patients are receiving the appropriate input
- To facilitate communication and assist day to day running of the service
For further information on stroke rehabilitation please visit the Stroke Association.