CVD: Heart Failure Service
Knowsley CVD Service - Heart Failure Service
The aim of the Community CVD Heart Failure Service is to deliver highly complex care for patients diagnosed with heart failure.
The service aims to:
- improve quality of life
- improve self care behaviours and self management
- maximise heart failure therapies in line with national guidelines to improve symptom control and life expectancy.
In addition, the service also:
- provide heart failure nurse led clinics across the borough and domiciliary visits for housebound patients
- prevent and reduce hospital admissions through appropriate and timely interventions
- promotes multidisciplinary working to improve patient and carers quality of life and satisfaction
- ensure that patient experience is key to all aspects of the service
- identifies appropriate patients to attend cardiac rehabilitation
- provide education on heart failure and act as a specialist resource for other health professionals
- provide support and collaborative working for palliative patients and their families
- holistic assessments including the psychological needs of patients and carers
- provide telehealth monitoring for those assessed as appropriate.
This is achieved by providing focused, personalised care and ongoing case management for the patient.
- “...seamless transition from LHCH and home. Feel like extended family.”
- “...very involved in decisions about care, felt informed.”
- “...phone call away. Planned care together. Worked around family. Ability to change appointments.”
- “Excellent! Team have a great support system and answer any queries and make sure that you know you can call them if you need to.”
- “I am more at ease with the community service. I know what to expect.”
- “There is a friendly and intimate atmosphere. It is about me and you.”
- “Here in the community I am a person: there in the hospital I am not."