World Heart Day 2018
Date: 01 October 2018 11:49
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital was delighted to support this year's World Heart Day (Saturday 29th September 2018).
Liverpool Centre for Cardiovascular Science
- On Friday 28th September, LHCH partnered with University of Liverpool, Liverpool John Moores University and Liverpool Health Partners for the launch of the new Liverpool Centre for Cardiovascular Science at the Town Hall. We were delighted to be joined on the day by former Liverpool FC Manager Gerard Houllier who spoke about his experience as a patient at LHCH and also his support for the new centre.
- Professor Gregory Lip was interviewed by BBC North West Tonight, ITV Granada Reports and BBC Radio Merseyside during the day at LHCH.
- (Pictured below is Gerard Houllier, with Louise Kenny, University of Liverpool, being interviewed by BBC Radio Merseyside)
- Dr Tim Fairbairn, LHCH Consultant Cardiologist, was interviewed live on Sky News about heart health.
Sixth Form Students Heart Surgery Seminar
- Mr Bil Kirmani, Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, visited Liverpool Blue Coat School to talk to sixth form students hoping to pursue a career in medicine. As well as practical demonstrations, Mr Kirmani provided the students with an insight into a day in the life of a cardiac surgeon, and gave helpful advice about applying for university.
Primary School Heart Health Workshops
- Knowsley Community CVD Team also visited Yew Tree Primary Academy in Halewood to raise awareness with pupils in Years 4, 5 and 6 about heart health, healthy eating, and the importance of physical exercise.
For further information about World Heart Day, please visit: www.world-heart-federation.org/world-heart-day/