Opportunities to join the Council of Governors
As an ‘Outstanding’ (Care Quality Commission 2016) specialist heart and chest hospital our ambition is 'to be the best - leading and delivering outstanding heart and chest care and research'. By becoming a Governor you could help us achieve this ambition, shape the future of our hospital and have a voice by representing the views of our members and the public.
Notice of election has been given for the following Public Governor vacancies:
1 Governor - Merseyside
2 Governors - Cheshire
1 Governor - North Wales
1 Governor - Rest of England and Wales
To stand for election as a Governor you will need to:
- Be a member in the relevant constituency of Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital. To stand for election as a Public Governor you will need to reside in the relevant geographical location to the vacancy e.g. Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales, and Rest of England and Wales
- Be able to spare a minimum of 3 hours every 3 months to attend Council of Governors meetings (ideally more so you can participate in working groups and community events to support membership recruitment and engagement)
- Have interpersonal skills including enthusiasm and a willingness to contribute
- Have basic IT skills and access to email
- Have some basic business skills including the ability to read and scrutinise performance reports and experience of human resources, finance or chairing meetings would be beneficial but are not essential. However, support and training will be given as required.
Nomination Forms and information packs for interested candidates are available from Electoral Reform Services (ERS) by calling 020 8829 8485 or emailing Robina.Mirza@electoralreform.co.uk. They are also accessible by visiting www.ersvotes.com/lhch18. The deadline for submission of nomination form is 5pm on the 13th June 2018.
For more information please contact the Trust's Membership Office on 0151 600 1410 or by emailing Gillian.Donnelly@lhch.nhs.uk