Dr Sarah Sibley
About Dr Sarah Sibley
BSc, MBChB, MRCP, MSc (Distinction) in Palliative Medicine
Area of Practice
Special Clinical Interests
- Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease (COPD)
- Palliative Medicine
- Advanced Life Support Instructor
- Undergraduate Tutor at University of Liverpool Medical School
- Respiratory Specialist Trainee Educational Programme Director – Mersey region
- Royal College of Physicians and British Thoracic Society Integrated Care representative on the National Primary Care COPD Audit Committee
- Integrated Community Respiratory working
Palliative management of non-malignant respiratory disease
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Member, Royal College of Physicians of London
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council
- Medical Defence Union
- British Thoracic Society
Why choose LHCH?
We share the philosophy that every patient should always get excellent clinical care.
Training and Education
- 1998 BSc – University of St Andrews
- 2001 MBChB – University of Manchester
- 2005 MRCP – Royal College of Physicians, London
- 2010 Diploma in Palliative Medicine, Cardiff University
- 2012 CCT in Respiratory Medicine and General Internal Medicine
- 2013 MSc in Palliative Medicine (Distinction) – Cardiff University
- 2001-2002 House Officer – North West of England
- 2002-2005 Senior House Officer – London
- 2005-2011 Specialist Registrar in Respiratory and General Medicine – North West of England Deanery
- I live with my husband Graham and two young children Zachary and Jasmine in a house that we built.
- I’m energetic and outgoing and enjoy mountain biking, kite surfing, kickboxing, skiing and scuba diving.
- I’m passionate about improving the care of patients with COPD at all stages of the disease. I have a particular interest in improving the management of patients with severe lung disease and helping them to gain excellent palliative care by working with the many healthcare professionals in this field. I have a special interest in integrated community respiratory working, and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing a community respiratory service to the residents of Knowsley. Our team won the Integrated Care HSJ award for our Respiratory service in 2013.