Dr Dennis Wat
About Dr Dennis Wat
MB ChB MD MRCP
Area of Practice
Respiratory and General Medicine
Special clinical interests
- Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease (COPD)
- Non-CF Bronchiectasis; Lung infection (Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Non-Tuberculous Mycobacteria [NTM] and Aspergillus)
- Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia
- Cystic Fibrosis
Respiratory viral infections
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- British Thoracic Society
- Member, Royal College of Physicians of London
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council
Why choose LHCH?
Excellent, compassionate and safe care for every patient, every day.
Training and Education
- 1998 - MB ChB Cardiff
- 2001 - MRCP London
- 2007 - Doctor of Medicine (MD) Cardiff
- 2008 - CCT in Respiratory Medicine and General Internal Medicine
- 2009-2011 - Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, Cambridge Centre for Lung Infection (Cystic Fibrosis and non-CF Bronchiectasis), Papworth Hospital
- 2012- Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
Dennis obtained his degree in Medicine in 1998 in Cardiff and did his MD thesis looking at respiratory viruses in Cystic Fibrosis. He then spent five years as a Specialist Registrar in Chest Medicine working in the East Anglia region. During this period he had the opportunity to work in the Cystic Fibrosis Unit at Papworth for one year.
He was appointed as Consultant Respiratory Physician in the Cambridge Centre for Lung Infection at Papworth Hospital, dedicated in looking after patients with Cystic Fibrosis and non-CF bronchiectasis in 2009.
In 2012, Dennis moved to Liverpool for family reasons and joined the Knowsley Community COPD Team.
More than 20 peer review publications, book chapters and abstracts in Respiratory Medicine