Mr Mark Pullan
About Mr Mark Pullan
Areas of Practice
Adult Cardiac Surgery
Special Clinical Interests
- Off Pump (Beating Heart) Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts
- Arterial revascularisation & “No-Aortic Touch operations”
- Complex Mitral Valve Repair
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Surgery
- Small Access and Sternal sparing Aortic and Mitral Valve operations
- Off Pump Coronary Surgery
- Operative Blood Conservation
Responsibilities at LHCH
- Associate Chief Clinical Information Officer (Surgery)
Current Membership Of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Royal College of Surgeons Of England and Edinburgh
- Society For Cardiothoracic Surgery In Great Britain and Ireland
- GMC Deanery Assessor
- Examiner for the Cardiothoracic Intercollegiate Exam
I was trained as a Cardiac Surgeon in the North West of England. This region has been the pioneer of Cardiac Surgical Performance Management. This programme is the most highly rated in the country for its depth and breadth.
As a consultant in Liverpool I have been one of the leading off-pump surgeons with one of the largest number of these cases in the country. I regularly hold training days for other Consultant Cardiac Surgeons to come and be taught the “Liverpool technique”. This technique has one of the highest success rates in the country and attracts many surgeons from the UK and abroad to come and learn.
I have a large practice of complex mitral repairs with very good results in difficult valves such as Barlows disease, Bileaflet disease and calcified valves. I also offer to take on difficult and redo Mitral operations.
- 35 peer reviewed publications
- 2 book Chapters