Dr Sajid Aslam
Area of Practice
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Maternal cardiology
Special Clinical Interests
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease – all aspects
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing – particularly in cardiovascular disease
- Specialist transthoracic echocardiography in ACHD patients
- Periprocedural TOE support
- Education – ACHD, echo in ACHD
- Advanced Life Support Instructor
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing in ACHD population
- Systemic right ventricle
- Shone syndrome
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Royal College of Physicians (London)
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Congenital Cardiac Association
- British Society of Echocardiography
- Resuscitation Council UK
Why choose LHCH?
LHCH provides excellent, world class care for patients with cardiovascular disease. Very friendly environment.
Training and Education
- Core Cardiology training – Wales deanery
- ECHO Fellow – University Hospital, Wales
- ACHD Fellow – scholarship to Montreal Heart Institute, Canada
- ACHD Fellow – University Hospital, Southampton
I am married with 3 children. Keen golfer and cricketer. Love the Edinburgh Fringe festival.
- Several peer-reviewed publications in area of ACHD and general cardiology.
- Multiple poster presentations at international cardiovascular meetings.