Dr Richard Snowdon
About Dr Richard Snowdon
Area of Practice
- Heart Rhythm Problems (Arrhythmias)
- Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation and SVT
- Pacemakers ICDs
- Inherited Heart Rhythm problems (aborted sudden cardiac death)
Special Clinical Interests
- Atrial Arrhythmias
- Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Tachycardia
- Cardiac Sarcoidosis
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atypical Atrial Flutter
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Royal College of Physicians (London)
- Heart Rhythm UK
Why choose LHCH?
LHCH is the largest heart rhythm centre in the UK. We have a well established track record in providing excellent and timely care for our patients.
Professional Profile (including Training and Education)
- Liverpool Medical School
- British Heart Foundation Research Fellow
- Liverpool and Merseyside Cardiology Training Scheme
- Fellowship in Electrophysiology and Pacing - Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia
- MB ChB (with commendations) 1996
- MRCP (UK) 1999
- M.D. 2006
- NASPExAM, Cardiac Pacing for the Physician 2006
When not at work I enjoy spending time with my three children. I also enjoy Scuba diving and underwater photography.
- R Snowdon and J Kalman “Chapter 106: Catheter Ablation of Supraventricular Arrhythmias” Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside, 5th edition. Eds Zipes DP and Jalife J. WB Saunders, Philadelphia 2009
- Snowdon RL, Balasubramaniam R, Teh AW, Haqqani HM, Medi C, Rosso R,Vohra JK, Kistler PM, Morton JB, Sparks PB, Kalman JM. “Linear ablation of right atrial free wall flutter: demonstration of bidirectional conduction block as an endpoint associated with long-term success.” J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010 May;21(5):526-31.
- Snowdon RL, Balasubramaniam R, Haqqani H, Medi C, Kalman JM. “Upper loop reentry post mitral valve repair.” J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2008 Dec;19(12):1325-6. Epub 2008 Jul 3