Dr Pradeep Magapu
Responsibilities at LHCH
- I hold a joint appointment working at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital and Warrington Hospitals.
- At LHCH, I undertake an interventional list once a week consisting of elective and urgent cases.
- I participate in the on call rota at LHCH, performing emergency cases.
Area of Practice
- Interventional cardiology
Special Clinical Interests
- Coronary intervention and intra-coronary imaging
- Biomarker assessment in the peri-operative period to predict risk of acute coronary syndromes.
- Assessment of cardiovascular risk in non-cardiac surgery.
- Involvement in large scale clinical trials.
- Principal investigator for REVIVED study (being undertaken at LHCH)
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- British Medical Association
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- Secondary Care representative to CVD programme board
- Member of the ACS transformation group
Training and Education
- I gained my degree in Medicine from the University of Liverpool in 2002. I have trained and worked in the Merseyside area, spending time in almost all of the hospitals in the region.
- I was appointed to the cardiology training programme, after obtaining my membership to the Royal College of Physicians, in 2008.
- I undertook my sub-specialty training at LHCH gaining exposure to coronary intervention, complex adjuvant intervention such as rotational atherectomy and insertion of atrial septal defect closure devices.
- I was appointed to a consultant position at LHCH in 2016 and have not looked back since.
Why choose LHCH?
We are a fantastic team of highly skilled and professional health care providers. I am most proud of the care and attention with which we look after our patients.
- I am a dedicated and compassionate doctor, and ensure that I do the best for my patients.
- I am the proud father of two lovely children.
- I am a passionate Liverpool Football Club supporter and regularly attend Anfield to support the Red Men.
- I particularly enjoy playing tennis and golf, but currently watch more than I play.
I have been privileged to have several publications in peer reviewed journals and have also contributed a chapter to an interventional textbook.