Dr Johan Waktare
About Dr Johan Waktare
Responsibilities at LHCH
- Consultant Cardiologist and Cardiac Electrophysiologist
Area of Practice
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- General Cardiology
Special Clinical Interests
- Syncope and inappropriate sinus tachycardia
- Inherited conditions predisposing to sudden cardiac death
- Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation
- Ablation of cardiac arrhythmias
- Health Informatics
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Signal Processing
- Quality of Life
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- British Cardiovascular Society
- Heart Rhythm (UK)
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Chair of CDMI Steering Board, CCIO Advisory Board and various other health informatics roles
Why choose LHCH?
LHCH is the largest heart rhythm centre in the UK.
We offer the highest standards of care to our patients and have a fantastic team of doctors, nurses and other staff.
For me, the question is not “why choose LHCH” but “why would you want to go anywhere else?”
Training and Education
- Trained originally at Manchester Medical School.
- Cardiology training and research at St George’s Hospital Medical School, London
- Senior Fellowship at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
In my free time from work and family commitments, I am a keen photographer and also enjoy running and cooking.
- 27 original research papers
- 61 abstracts
- 1 book
- 6 book chapters
- 6 review articles