Dr Joe Mills
About Dr Joe Mills
Area of Practice
Cardiology – general (tertiary and community based) and interventional (tertiary)
Responsibilities at LHCH
- Clinical Lead for community cardiovascular services and cardiovascular rehabilitation
- Medical Director for Advanced Life Support
Special Clinical Interests
- Primary PCI
- Advanced life support training and education
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Primary and Secondary prevention of CVD
- GP and Primary Care CVD education
- Local PI for the PROTECT trial, and the Cappella Sideguard registry (both industry funded)
- Extensive research and publications in the field of cardiometabolic risk and premature CHD
Regional and National Responsibilities
- LHCH representative on PPCI Steering committee
- Member of Cardiology Advisory Board
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Primary Care Cardiovascular Society
Why choose LHCH?
Dedicated to the highest standards of cardiovascular care in a professional, efficient and friendly environment.
Training and Education
- First class degree in Medical Science and Economics from Cambridge University(1989 – 1992)
- Postgraduate education at Cambridge medical school (1992-95)
- Junior doctor in Cambridge, Norwich and Leeds (1995-1999)
- Research Fellow for the British Heart Foundation, 1999-2001
- Cardiology training in Leeds, Cambridge, Norway and Manchester (2002-07)
I live in Altrincham as my wife, Michelle, is a consultant paediatrician at St Mary’s Hospital in Manchester and our two eldest children, Ellie and Alex attend the local primary school. We have a third child – Oliver, and future plans involve the addition of pets only!
We love our winter holidays in “snowy” France and summer holidays in “rainy” Abersoch. Looking forward to resurrecting my golf and cricket careers when (if) I can retire.