Dr David Ramsdale
About Dr David Ramsdale
Areas of Practice
- General cardiology
- Invasive cardiology including cardiac catheterisation and coronary arteriography;
- Coronary Intervention/PTCA/coronary stent implantation;
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
Special Clinical interests
- Coronary Artery Intervention including Coronary Atherectomy
- PCI in Acute MI
- Valvular heart disease
- Infective Endocarditis
- Arrhythmias and cardiac pacing
Coronary Intervention eg: mid/long-term outcomes after DES implantation.
Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Heart Rhythm UK
- Member of Editorial Board for Journal of Invasive Cardiology
- Active reviewer for all the other major cardiology journals
Education and Career
- Graduated Manchester University Medical School BSc (Hons) Anatomy 1972
- Graduated Manchester University Medical School MB ChB 1975
- Graduated Manchester University Medical School MD 1981
- MRCP 1978
- FRCP 1993
- Research Fellow, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester (1979-1981)
- Senior Registrar Cardiology, Sefton General Hospital/Broadgreen Hospital,Liverpool (1981-1987)
- Consultant Cardiologist, Regional Adult Cardiothoracic Unit/Cardiothoracic Centre/Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital (1987-present)
Why choose LHCH?
Having seen cardiology around the world over the last 35 years, I can honestly say that the practice of clinical, diagnostic, invasive and interventional cardiology including pacing and the treatment of arrhythmias at LHCH is second to none.
Clinical research is a constant feature and often collaborative with other experts around the world and the centre remains committed to implementing the most recent developments in interventional cardiology and device implantation.
The medical and onsite surgical staff are of the highest standard as are the nursing, cath-lab and cardiac-technical personnel whose skills are extraordinary.
Care of patients in the cath-labs, CCU and intensive care units and wards is exemplary. I am proud to be part of the team at such a fantastic facility.
- 162 (on varied subjects)
Presentations to Learned Societies
- 128 (on varied subjects)
- 17 (mainly on interventional cardiology)
- Practical Interventional Cardiology – 22 chapters (1997) (Martin Dunitz);
- Practical Interventional Cardiology – 36 chapters (2001) (Martin Dunitz);
- Illustrated Coronary Intervention – 15 chapters (2001) (Martin Dunitz);
- Color Atlas of Infective Endocarditis (2006) (Springer);
- 100 Challenges in Clinical Medicine (2009) (World Scientific Publishing);
- 100 Challenges in Cardiology (2011) (World Scientific Publishing);
- Cardiac Pacing and Device Therapy (In press) (Springer)
150+ Publications, which can be viewed at ResearchGate