Mr Omar Nawaytou
Phone: 0151 600 1254
Responsibilities at LHCH
- Consultant Cardiac and Aortic Surgeon
Area of Practice
- Cardiac and Aortic surgery
Special clinical interests
- Aortic valve and root repair, Thoraco-abdominal aortic surgery, Trans-catheter valve implantation (TAVI)
Special research interests
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease and associated aortopathy.
- Biochemical and biomechanical characteristics of thoracic aortic aneurysms.
Current Membership of Professional Regional and National Bodies
- Member of the Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland.
- English, Arabic, French
Why choose LHCH?
In addition to being an exemplary hospital with an outstanding track record in providing world class healthcare, LHCH boasts one of the best aortic surgical services both nationally and internationally in terms of the scope of diseases treated, multidisciplinary approach to providing tailored patient management, as well as strong links with Liverpool University to provide cutting edge research.
Training and Education
- Mr Nawaytou graduated from Cairo University Medical School in 1998.
- He was appointed as a Resident in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Cairo University Hospitals between 2000 and 2003 where he concomitantly completed his Master of Science (MSc) degree.
- He was appointed as Assistant Lecturer, then Lecturer, in Cardiothoracic Surgery from 2004-2007 where he completed his Medical Doctorate (MD) degree. These years were the foundation of his training and research in Cardiothoracic Surgery completing the Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of England examination.
- He moved to the UK in 2007 and undertook his Higher Surgical training in London (South Thames rotation), Wales and Birmingham as a National Trainee in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- He successfully completed the Fellowship examination of the RCS (Eng).
- He was awarded the prestigious Ethicon Fellowship from the SCTS and pursued advanced training in aortic valve and root repair at Hôpital Universitaires St. Luc in Brussels under the mentorship of Prof El- Khoury, one of the most eminent in that field.
- Following completion of his training, he was successfully awarded the Heart Research UK fellowship to pursue advanced training in aortovascular surgery at the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital in 2016.
- He has been appointed as a Consultant Cardiac and Aortic Surgeon at LHCH in 2017.
Mr Nawaytou is married and has one boy. He enjoys reading, travelling and tennis.