Making a Referral
When making an NHS referral please see the list below as to the clinics currently available.
All other referrals should be sent via fax or post and addressed to the relevant specialist team or consultant.
Arrhythmia Service (Dr J Wright)
Asbestos Lung (Dr Hind)
Knowsley CVD (Dr J Mills)
General Cardiology Services (Dr J Mills, Dr J Morris, Dr N Palmer, Dr R Perry)
Direct Access Echo (Dr R Perry)
General Respiratory Medicine (Prof Davies, Dr Hind and Dr Ledson)
General Thoracic Surgery (Mr R Page)
Heart Failure Diagnostic (Dr J Mills, Dr J Morris, Dr N Palmer, Dr R Perry)
Interstitial Lung (Dr E Hilal)
Sleep Studies (Dr Justine Hadcroft)
Community COPD Service Knowsley (Dr K Mohan)
NHS e-Referral System
Please see the following link for booking an appointment via the NHS e-Referral System
The main duties of the Access Team are:
- Providing initial Outpatients Department Appointment Service to new and existing patients of the Trust via paper referrals, Choose and Book referrals and telephone requests (if appropriate).
- Liaising with PAs in ensuring the efficient use of outpatient capacity by monitoring clinic schedules.
Medical Secretary Team Contact Details
Telephone: 0151 600 1616
Our Patient Access policy outlines the Trust's approach to accessing treatment and management patient pathways:
• sets out the rules and principles under which the Trust manages elective access to outpatient appointments, diagnostics and elective inpatient or day case treatment
• gives clear direction on the application of the NHS Constitution in relation to elective waiting times
• demonstrates how elective access rules should be applied consistently, fairly and equitably