Become a Volunteer
There are a number of ways in which you can help as a volunteer. Some of the examples of roles are listed below:
- Meet & Greeters - helping and escorting patients and visitors
- Mobile book service around the wards
- Helping in ward areas
- Assisting in Holly Suite, which is our day case unit
- Assisting in the outpatients or supporting departments
- Supporting in our community clinics
You can read more about volunteering with us in our Volunteering Leaflet.
Join us on a trial day
We can invite you along to shadow one of our existing volunteers to see if you would enjoy joining our dedicated group of helpers.
What do you need to become a volunteer?
- No experience is necessary, just a willingness and desire to help others
- Cheerful nature and good communication skills
- Good understanding of both written and spoken English
- Aged 16 or above
- Able to commit to a regular shift
Our recruitment process
We have a robust recruitment process to ensure that are volunteers are properly recruited and selected and trained. All volunteers are subject to appropriate management and supervision.
During the recruitment process you will be required to:
- Complete an application form
- Provide the name of two referees who have known you for a minimum of 2 years
- Undertake a DBS clearance check and medical health check
- Have an informal interview
- Attend an induction training day
- Undertake local induction training
Prospective volunteers must complete all of the above before being offered a placement.
How to become a volunteer at LHCH
If you would like to join our team of volunteers or for more information about how you can get involved, please email Jacqui McGillivray, Co-ordinator of Volunteer Services or call on 0151 600 1639.
Alternatively, you can download and complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return them both to the freepost address below:Jacqui McGillivray
Co-ordinator of Volunteer Services
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
We also ask our volunteers to register as a member of our Foundation Trust. You can register using the online Public Membership Form.