Clinical Nurse Practitioners Team
The Clinical Nurse Practitioners (CNP’s) are based in the Outpatients Department.
Jayne Coville - 0151 600 1298.
Department Contact Details
Please telephone 0151 600 1298 between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Please leave a message on the answer phone if there is no answer, leaving your name and contact telephone number and we will return your call.
A Description of the CNP Team
The Clinical Nurse Practitioners are a group of experienced nurses whose role it is to prepare you and your family/career for your hospital admission and subsequent discharge and recovery.
Pre-admission appointments last approximately one to two hours. This appointment involves taking a full medical history and performing a physical examination. You may also require further investigations (bloods, swabs, ECG, Chest x- ray or breathing tests) to ensure you are as fit as possible for your procedure.
You will also have the opportunity to discuss your hospital admission, what to expect when you are in hospital, your recovery and discharge. Any appropriate referrals will be made to other healthcare professionals to ensure that patients are discharged without unnecessary delays. We will also discuss your medication with you and provide any appropriate lifestyle health options.
We will answer any questions that you, your family or career may have. At the end of your appointment, the Clinical Nurse Practitioner will provide you with their name and contact details so that you, your family or career can contact us following the appointment with any questions, issues or concerns.
Special Instructions for Patients
- It is very important that you attend your pre admission appointment.
- If you are unable to attend this appointment or attend on the date of your procedure, please contact your consultant secretary as soon as possible, so that alternative arrangements can be made.
- Please feel free to bring a family member or friend with you so we can support them through this as well.
- Please try to arrive on time to prevent any delays.
- Please bring all medication or an up to date repeat prescription sheet with you.
- You may find it useful to make a note of any questions that you have prior to attending your appointment.
- Please ensure that you bring your reading glasses and any hearing aids with you.
- If you need to leave a message on the helpline answer phone, (0151 600 1298), please leave your name, date of birth and contact telephone number and if possible the name of the nurse you have seen.
Special Instructions for Families
The Clinical Nurse Helpline is for the benefit of family, friends and carers as well as patients and are keen to answer any queries or concerns that you may have.
The Clinical Nurse Practitioners Team work from 8.30am – 5pm.
Appointments run from 9am - 3pm with the last appointment ending between 4 and 5pm.
Finding the CNP Team
The Clinical Nurse Practitioner Clinics are based in the Outpatients Department.
Enter the hospital via the main entrance and turn left. Follow the corridor round to the left. As you come to the end of the corridor the entrance to the Outpatients Department is located on your right opposite the Tree of Life.
Access to the CNP Clinics
Via the Outpatients Department